Health & Safety Excellence Award - Facilities Management
HOW DO I ENTER?
Visit our 'How to Enter' page for our Items Checklist & Step-by-Step Guide. CLICK HERE.
Once you have created your PDF submission and you have all items in the Items Checklist, submit your entry via the Online Entry Form. CLICK HERE.
This award recognises the FM team or organisation that is demonstrating excellence in health & safety over the past 12 months. The judges will be looking for a commitment to improving health and safety performance in FM as well as a demonstration of clear practical applications and results.
Entries may be made for best practice in health and safety, compliance to standards, training or technical and behavioural improvements, or projects that operate with exemplary health and safety records.
Entry is by a 5 A4 page submission; the judges will be looking for clear information backed up by facts and figures that pays particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Outline: Please outline the processes and initiatives introduced by your organisation to tackle workplace health and safety, highlighting any relevant accreditations achieved.
- Commitment & Responsibility: Provide details of who is responsible for developing and implementing the safety programs and initiatives, outlining the level of senior management buy-in and the commitments made to staff training and communication of the initiatives.
- Organisational Targets: Does the organisation set itself safety performance targets? If so, how are they set and what do they include.
- Outcomes & Results: Please provide evidence of results. How have the process and initiatives contributed to the welfare of all parties? How is the impact measured?
- Future uses: How will you use the initiatives in the future? You can include any plans for alteration or expansion.
- Please include any other statements or facts that support your entry.