This award is open to any organisation in Ireland’s healthcare industry (both public and private) that can demonstrate a strong commitment to the safety, health and welfare of its employees and patients over the past 12 months.
In your entry, the judges would like to see a clear demonstration of best practice in health and safety, compliance to standards, training, technical and behavioural improvements.
Entry is by a 5 A4 page submission; the judges will be looking for clear information backed up by facts and figures that pays particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Outline: Please outline the processes and initiatives introduced by your organisation to tackle workplace health and safety, highlighting any relevant accreditations achieved.
- Commitment & Responsibility: Provide details of who is responsible for developing and implementing the safety programs and initiatives, outlining the level of senior management buy-in and the commitments made to staff training and communication of the initiatives.
- Organisational Targets: Does the organisation set itself safety performance targets? If so, how are they set and what do they include.
- Outcomes & Results: Please provide evidence of results. How have the process and initiatives contributed to the welfare of staff, patients, and the public? How is the impact measured?
- Future uses: How will you use the initiatives in the future? You can include any plans for alteration or expansion.
- Please include any other statements or facts that support your entry.