This award recognises the manufacturing company in Ireland who has most effectively demonstrated best practice in health and safety, compliance to standards, training, technical and behavioural improvements over the past 12 months.
Entry is by a 5 A4 page submission; the judges will be looking for clear information backed up by facts and figures that pays particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Projects & Initiatives outline: Describe the Health and Safety projects and initiatives in place over the past 12 months. What was the rationale and background behind them?
- Commitment: What commitment has been made to staff training and communication of the initiatives? What is the level of senior management buy in? Does health & safety form a central part of the culture?
- Accreditation: Do you have any accreditation, benchmarking, or external validation of the initiatives?
- Innovation: Outline any particularly innovative uses of H&S materials, products, or methods.
- Outcomes & results: What have been the practical benefits of the initiatives? Show measurable outcomes, such as improvements in performance, welfare of staff and costs savings.
- Future uses: How will you use the initiatives in the future? You can include any plans for alteration or expansion.
- Please include any other statements or facts that support your entry.