This award recognises the organisation working in the public sector in Ireland who has most effectively exemplified good occupational health and safety practices over the past 12 months, including compliance to standards, training, technical and behavioural improvements.
Entry is by a 5 A4 page submission; the judges will be looking for clear information backed up by facts and figures that pays particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Outline: Please outline the processes and initiatives introduced by your organisation to tackle workplace health and safety, highlighting any relevant accreditations achieved.
- Commitment & Responsibility: Provide details of who is responsible for developing and implementing the safety programs and initiatives, outlining the level of senior management buy-in and the commitments made to staff training and communication of the initiatives.
- Organisational Targets: Does the organisation set itself safety performance targets? If so, how are they set and what do they include.
- Outcomes & Results: Please provide evidence of results. How have the process and initiatives contributed to the welfare of staff and the general public? How is the impact measured?
- Future uses: How will you use the initiatives in the future? You can include any plans for alteration or expansion.
- Please include any other statements or facts that support your entry.