The award recognises the transport company - road, rail, air or water-based - that has demonstrated the best commitment to both transport safety and occupational safety over the past 12 months. This may include programmes which lead to a demonstrable improvement in safety standards either within one organisation, trading partners or the wider community; particularly those which are sustainable, transferable, or which demonstrate an innovative approach.
Entry is by a 5 A4 page submission; the judges will be looking for clear information backed up by facts and figures that pays particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Please outline planned initiatives & objectives in relation to your organisation’s transport safety and occupational safety.
- Please provide an outline to show the processes put in place to tackle work-related transport safety showcasing areas like risk assessment, training, implementation, and outcomes.
- Please provide evidence showing the improvement of safety levels and the reduction in incidents, maintenance costs, fuel costs, vehicle costs, driver costs, property damage, third party costs, personal injury, or worker absence.
- Provide information to show how the programme engaged with the organisation’s staff and how senior management took responsibility for the initiative.
- Please outline the business and economic impact that your organisation has experienced through from the implication of transport safety & occupational safety strategies.